gender voice variants

Phillips, Addison addison at lab126.com
Tue Dec 18 19:52:35 CET 2012

I didn't say that there was a transformation involved. For TTS/STT applications there is, but not for other cases, such as static voice recordings. My suggestion was meant to point out that the information you're suggesting (for use in language ranges and also language tags) is language-related (like what extensions cover), but not necessarily descriptive of the *language* itself. And the tags you're suggesting are, depending on the application, probably incomplete. Consider:

"en-US-x-male-en-GB-adult"

There are a variety of things that go into selecting voice/audio assets or for generating of audio from text at runtime. Language tags might not be the best mechanism for doing voice personalization--or a myriad of other personalizations.

Addison