Tagging transliterations from a specific script

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Thu Mar 17 21:52:19 CET 2011

Peter Constable <petercon at microsoft dot com> wrote:

> [...] The declaration should be about what the nature of _this_
> content _is_. It is written in a particular script, following
> particular orthographic conventions. The orthographic conventions for
> two different transliteration schemes are two different orthographic
> conventions.

I gathered from Avram's message on March 14 that the different
orthographic conventions for Tatar were not imposed by the ALA-LC
transliteration schemes, but were a normal part of Tatar writing, in
place at the time the documents were written.

Given that, I don't see what is so broken about the subtag 'alalc97'.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA | http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14 | ietf-languages @ is dot gd slash 2kf0s ­