Applying for a Neo subtag

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Mar 3 18:52:20 CET 2011

I'll be publishing a translation of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland in Neo (Los Aventuros de Alis in Marvoland) in Neo -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_(constructed_language) -- later this year or sometime next, and Neo hasn't got an ISO 639 language tag. I filed a request today with the ISO 639-3 authority for the tag "neu". Failing that we would need a subtag to "art" here... I guess neo1961 would do.

Editions of Alice in Scots, Ulster Scots, Sussex, and Appalachian are also in progress. For Scots and Ulster Scots we have "sco" and "sco-ulster" respectively. I could propose "sussex" for the first. For the second...?