Variant subtag request: iso91995

Avram Lyon ajlyon at ucla.edu
Tue Sep 21 17:25:15 CEST 2010

2010/9/21 John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org>:
> Are you sure the B table actually exists in ISO 9:1995 itself?  I
> think it may have been introduced by GOST.  WP says that ISO 9 has
> three tables (contemporary Slavic Cyrillic, historic Cyrillic, and
> non-Slavic Cyrillic), but there is no suggestion of anything but a 1:1
> transliteration of Cyrillic letters to Latin ones.

I don't remember seeing such a table when I reviewed ISO 9:1995, but I
don't have it handy. What Yury describes certainly rings a bell, so I
feel like I have seen special rules for language-specific
transliteration in some source. Is there someone who can confirm by
looking at the standards document? I'm a few thousand kilometers from
the library where I had consulted it.

If table B is part of GOST, then it can be submitted separately, once
we can nail down what it entailed.

Regards,

Avram