suppress-script values for fil, mi, pes, prs, qu members

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 23 21:45:27 CEST 2010

suppress-script values for fil, mi, pes, prs, qu members
Hi
Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Sat Oct 23 01:38:29 CEST 2010

> What would constitute such proof? In the Wolof case, I provided evidence of additional scripts. How do I demonstrate an absence of such evidence? These are all cases that are reasonably familiar. Does anyone here have any suspicion of Dari being commonly written in any script other than Arabic?

> Peter

Sorry; go ahead with the suppress-script request; I was just playing the "Devil's Advocate" I guess here.

(However see:
http://www.mts.net/~pmorrow/transcrp.htm

I suppose ancient writing is not related to suppress-script (it would get a different lang subtag anyway?  I don't know much about Filipino).
In any case, ethnologue has indicated [fil] as always being written in Latin script.

Ancient Quechua likewise had a system for writing using knots:
http://www.omniglot.com/writing/quechua.htm
But again that's not modern Quechua.)

Best,

--C. E. Whitehead