suppress-script values for fil, mi, pes, prs, qu members

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Fri Oct 22 00:05:25 CEST 2010

I can imagine potential scenarios in which some encompassed languages may not follow the rest of the cluster or the dominant languages. E.g., maybe Malay is only commonly written in Latin, but we know that there are indigenous Brahmi-derived scripts, and maybe some encompassed language actually is written with such a script. But I think what you suggest would be typical.

In the case of zh, one Chinese language was not encompassed because it was not used inside China and hence not assumed to be within the sphere of Han ideograph usage.

Peter