suppress-script values for fil, mi, pes, prs, qu members

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 23:34:12 CEST 2010

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 5:05 PM, John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org> wrote:
> Doug suggested that we should have inferred from an S-S record in a
> macrolanguage that the individual records should have the same S-S
> value, but that is unsafe, not only for the reasons given in this
> thread, but also because macrolanguage groupings are mutable: a
> language may be added to the group that uses a different script.

I don't see how you can reasonably have a macrolanguage with an S-S
that isn't the script used for all the languages it covers. As for
mutability, S-S is inherently mutable over the long run, since
languages do change scripts, but if a language is conceptually part of
a macrolanguage, almost certainly it will use the main script. zh and
ar are practically defined by their scripts.

--
Kie ekzistas vivo, ekzistas espero.