Correction for pinyin

Phillips, Addison addison at amazon.com
Tue Mar 9 16:20:40 CET 2010

I don't think it matters which field is used, but I do think that, having spotted this particular item, it would make sense to provide some information in the registry about it. The real problem is that someone needs to fill in a request form.

It might be easier for registry maintainers if we used a Comments field. There is a requirement in BCP 47 for the first description field to match ("whenever possible") the Reference Name in ISO 639-3 (last paragraph of Section 3.1.5). Adding some parenthetical information to the description shouldn't interfere with this, but it might make automation of registry checking more difficult.

Addison

Addison Phillips
Globalization Architect -- Lab126

Internationalization is not a feature.