Variant subtag proposal: Høgnorsk variety of Norwegian

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 6 02:26:37 CET 2010

Hi, I gather everyone has agreed to accept [nn] without [no] as the prefix for 'hognorsk'--sorry it took so long for me to get

my comments on this back to you; hope it is not too late!

I just wanted to say that . . .

I personally would be fine with a comment that 'hognorsk' is closer to [nn] than to bokmal. and with info. about what dialects are most prevalent in 'hognorsk', in [nn], versus in 'bokmal'--in the comments on the 'hognorsk' variant--if that does not violate any tradition (obviously hognorsk is closer to [nn] since we chose the [nn] prefix).

I don't see how such a comment solves the problem of interoperability in different systems however.

(Sorry again that it took so long for me to get this response back!)

Best,

C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com