Last call: Latvian (and Bontok) extlang subtags

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Mon Feb 8 15:00:00 CET 2010

Kent Karlsson <kent dot karlsson14 at comhem dot se> wrote:

> Note that the notion of *extlangs* is a quirk. It was the result of a
> compromise in LTRU. I see no need to work further on it.

But where you and I disagree is in whether the compromise was intended
to be closed-ended, applying only to those seven initial macrolanguages,
or whether it was supposed to be applicable to any macrolanguages
assigned in the future.  Admittedly, we did not think there would be
many.

I think we need to focus on getting Michael to understand the principles
involved, independently of campaigning for our own point of view.  I
have tried to represent your position fairly when explaining it to
Michael.

--
Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­