Last call for ISO 15924-based updates

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Thu Mar 19 02:41:40 CET 2009

CE Whitehead <cewcathar at hotmail dot com> wrote:

> Hi, Addision; thanks, however I am still confused because if unicode
> reconizes that diacritics inherit script from the surrounding
> characters, the tag seems unneeded, but forget it; it's not important.
> A tag would never hurt in this case. . .

We are starting to go around in circles here.  At least 3 or 4 people
have tried--apparently in vain--to explain how the script property in
Unicode works, and this is not even essential to understanding how the
subtag 'Zinh' should be handled in the Registry..

I strongly recommend that anyone who cares about the script property,
but is still not sure how it works, read Unicode Standard Annex #24,
located at http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr24/ , instead of looking for
explanations on the ietf-languages list.

http://www.ewellic.org