Last call for ISO 15924-based updates

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 19 01:37:49 CET 2009

Thanks Michael, this is clear;  this is sort of what I understood  (but really my understanding comes from the directionality algorithm--which because some characters may have only weak directionality, is a bit different).

Thanks to Randy and Peter too for their explanations.

I am open to a comment; I don't feel it's that necessary because the sort of tagging that Randy does not like will not break any applications . . .

(Which is all I'd really worry about)

> From: everson at evertype.com
> To: cewcathar at hotmail.com
> Subject: Re: Last call for ISO 15924-based updates
> Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 17:07:25 +0000
>
> On 18 Mar 2009, at 16:14, CE Whitehead wrote:
>
> > Hi, Addision; thanks, however I am still confused because if unicode
> > reconizes that diacritics inherit script from the surrounding
> > characters
>
> FROM THE PREVIOUS CHARACTER. And from it alone.

(O.k., like pronoun reference, which is really inherited generally from the nouns/pronouns in the preceding clause or whatever . . . but this is another topic )

--C. E. Whitehead

cewcathar at hotmail.com