Proposal to remove Preferred-Value field for region YU in LTRU

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 27 17:45:03 CET 2009

Debbie, Tex, thanks for catching this; in the interest of maintaining compatibility between newer and older tags, don't we need to keep the chain of preferred values

Although I can quite see Doug's point that it's now impossible to determine what modern subtags are equivalent to the past use of 'YU,'  but I still feel we need to do something to preserve compatibility . . .

Since the comments are pretty much ignored by non-human applications, these are not the solution . . .

(maybe the solution is in forcing the applications comments, something I suppose these applications would be loathe to do . . . ??  otherwise I have not got one; the chain preserves a partial relationship . . . )

Thanks.

Sincerely,

C. E. Whitehead

cewcathar at hotmail.com