A stake in the ground

Doug Ewell doug at ewellic.org
Fri Dec 11 15:26:07 CET 2009

John Cowan <cowan at ccil dot org> wrote:

> So, a second stake: add Standard Estonian 'ekk' and Voro 'vro' to the
> extlang list.  "Need brooks no delay, yet late is better than never."

We can't do this per Section 3.4 (12.C.4):  "'Extlang' records MUST NOT
be created for items already in the registry.  Extended language subtags
will only be considered at the time of initial registration."

I'm not sure exactly why we have this rule, since adding an extlang
would not invalidate the corresponding primary language subtag in any
way (it would be preferred, in fact), but we have it.

--
Doug Ewell  |  Thornton, Colorado, USA  |  http://www.ewellic.org
RFC 5645, 4645, UTN #14  |  ietf-languages @ http://is.gd/2kf0s ­