A stake in the ground

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 11 19:53:13 CET 2009

Hi -

I think it can be explained by the nature of the whole extlang compromise.
Recall that there were those who wanted to not use the extlang production
at all.  There were others who thought it essential to deal with some
specific situations.  We ended up allowing both forms, with severe limits
as a concession to those who would have preferred to not use extlang at all.
It's not surprising that the result is turning out to be over-specified.

Randy