LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM (R4): pinyin

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 19:05:47 CEST 2008

CE Whitehead wrote:

> I am happy with the compromise-- [acad1959] -- if Yuri and other speakers are.  (An alternative--if the particular standard referred to needs to be specified but a more generic subtag is to be registered first--would be to register a subtag like akademia and then add additional variants indicating the years of the standard as needed.  But by doing things this way we are saving a step--at least until a new standard becomes the norm.

I prefer /1959acad/ over /acad1959/ just because there're already tags
with equivalent semantics (French). But in principle /acad1959/ is fine,
too.

On subject of generic tags: from what more experienced people said, I
was given to understand there can be no generic tags? In case it is not
so, the /akademia/ seems feasible choice.

-Yury