LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM (R3): pinyin

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sun Sep 7 18:35:26 CEST 2008

Michael Everson scripsit:

> So, what helps us move forward here?

We must choose what is recommended, rather than what is permitted.
Are we recommending that people use "zh-Latn-pinyin" rather than simply
"zh-pinyin", or are we making no such recommendation?  All other questions
are already settled.

As Bilbo says:

	That seems to me what this Council has to decide, and all that
	it has to decide. Elves may thrive on speech alone, and Dwarves
	endure great weariness; but I am only an old hobbit, and I miss
	my meal at noon.

--
I marvel at the creature: so secret and         John Cowan
so sly as he is, to come sporting in the pool   cowan at ccil.org
before our very window.  Does he think that     http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Men sleep without watch all night?