Erzgebirgisch Classification Question

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Mon Mar 31 22:05:03 CEST 2008

Randy Presuhn wrote:

> The guy on the street in Leipzig may well tell you it *is* "de".  :-)
> But it is important to distinguish regional accent from dialect
> in these discussions.

Yep.  I forgot that I actually had very near relatives living
very near to the Harz-colony of "erzgeb" for a very long time,
and I never heard that this is in any way remarkable.  I can't
tell if I talked to a guy on the streets of St. Andreasberg -
or if I did they had no reason to talk back in their "erzbgeb"
language, assuming this could be hard for me to understand.

 Frank