Erzgebirgisch Classification Question

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Mon Mar 31 17:22:51 CEST 2008

Doug Ewell wrote:

> a Prefix field cannot be independently deprecated, and can never
> be removed.  Therefore, the analogy with deprecated subtags is
> not appropriate.

+1

> We should register 'erzgeb' only with the Prefix field that will
> be correct in the long term, which is "sxu"

If I'd feel a sudden urge to request "erzgeb" I'd ask for prefix
"de" for various reasons akready stated here.  As I don't feel
this urge the point is moot.  Thomas' plan to wait for "sxu" and
later prove that sxu-erzgeb is linguistically dubious at best is
cute.

> that means we should wait until 'sxu' is a valid language subtag,
> which will happen when RFC 4646bis and RFC 4645bis are approved.

s/when/if/  The last draft I've seen proposes to register pseudo-
regions dg, ea, eu, ic, and more, excluding the relevant case uk.

 Frank