Principles of Operation (was: LANGUAGE SUBTAG REQUEST FORM, Erzgebirgisch)

Kent Karlsson kent.karlsson14 at comhem.se
Wed Jan 30 19:29:22 CET 2008

John Cowan wrote:

> world.  There are exceptions, like Norwegian (where the two standards
> are written-only, and the dialects are regularly used in speech) and the

I don't think that that is a completely accurate description.

I don't think Norwegian is that much of an exception, other than that
there are two "standard Norwegian" (one of which is a constructed
language, derived from a number of dialects). (There are other members
on this list that can give more detailed (and better) info, if needed.)

	/kent k