LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION FORM

Karen_Broome at spe.sony.com Karen_Broome at spe.sony.com
Thu Jan 10 00:06:53 CET 2008

I do not think the requests conflict. My request is to indicate that "gsw"
is the code for a variety of similar dialects that have several regional
names.  The other request is for a particular tag to indicate only one of
these regional dialects -- its prefix is gsw.  I do not oppose the
Alsatian variant request, but do wonder if there's a preference for ISO
3166 tags where they can reasonably apply.

Karen Broome

Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com>
Sent by: ietf-languages-bounces at alvestrand.no
01/09/2008 03:02 PM

IETF Languages Discussion <ietf-languages at iana.org>
cc

Subject
Re: LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION FORM

At 14:43 -0800 2008-01-09, Karen_Broome at spe.sony.com wrote:

>Michael: Please consider my "gsw" Modification Request to be active
>as per Addison's comments.

And the implications of having two concurrent requests in? We are
arguably a supplement to 639 are we not?