Modification Request: dsb et al. (Suppress-Script: Latn)

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Mon Oct 22 18:24:23 CEST 2007

Procedural objection:

As LSTR, your job is to process requests, not to second-guess the process. If there are concerns about the request raised during the discussion, then you can say you will not approve it as there is not consensus. But IMO *this* is not the place for you to discuss whether there's a practical need. If it's requested and nobody objects, you register it. If there is a question of appropriateness, that is an objection that would get raised, and you make a decision not to register on that basis. But somebody, including the LSTR, saying they don't have a need is not a valid basis for blocking the request.

Peter