Modification Request: frr (Suppress-Script: Latn)

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Mon Oct 8 12:41:35 CEST 2007

Randy Presuhn wrote:

> Suppress-Script is for compatibility with legacy data tagged under the
> pre-RFC 4646 rules. See section 4.1 of RFC 4646.

It's also for compatibility with legacy applications.   Actually frr consists
of several (IIRC five) dialects, it's possible that it will get corresponding
variants.

It's also possible that legacy tags tried to emulate "frr" by "fy-DE", but
admittedly I've found no Frisian Web pages confirming this scenario.

RFC 4646 section 4.1 talks about implementations of RFC 3066, that
is anything supporting at best "LTR matching", not limited to languages
permitted before "date A".

The en-Latn-US vs. en-US example would also work for potential frr
variants like frr-Latn-heligo vs. frr-heligo

 Frank

P.S. :  Sorry, I don't know any dsb pages.  I vaguely recall a Wikipedia
            "incubator" for one or both of the Sorbian languages in 2006.