Converting non-ASCII to ASCII

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 27 20:12:16 CEST 2007

Hi, my comments are below!

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com

Addison Phillips addison at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Jun 26 20:57:14 CEST 2007
wrote:

>No. LTRU is for discussing rules and requirements for items in the
>registry. If you want to have (or not have) specific transliterations, that
>is a registration request and/or policy discussion for ietf-languages.

However, a general request to have transliterations for all non-ascii
characters, that is for ltru right?

> > Thanks. Thus we can resubmit any/all comments fields to include >
>transliterations here (who does that?  Anyone?  Michael Everson?).

>No. You cannot resubmit a request in this case. You (or anyone, including
>Michael) can submit a new request to modify an existing record, subject to
>the subtag reviewer's approval and the discussion on this list.

That's what I want to do--submit a new request to modify an existing record!

(I should not have used the words resubmit--my mistake; sorry.)

Since I have already have completed a request form for 1694acad, and since
there is some inconsistency in the way my original Comments field was
encoded, I am submitting my request to modify that comments field -- for the
existing record for 1694acad.

Hope that is o.k.??

(As far as the comments change goes:
I am not sure whether I want to have the escape sequence é replace the
e in 4eme;
--and, of course if the escape sequence should replace the e, a
transliteration would be needed for this too;
that's what I did in the revision--for now,
but I'm open to leaving it as is, without the escape sequence in 4eme at
all!)

In a minute I will send the request and open the discussion on how to best
modify my comments field.

Again, hope that is o.k.

(Should we opt to have the transliterations,
I'll be more than happy to attempt the comments fields for all the entries
with escape sequences;
see http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2007-June/006691.html
where I think I have listed all entries with escape sequences;
let me know if you want me to complete the requests for modification thx
much
I'm a fast cutter and paster.  It will take me less than half an hour
probably to get all together.)

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com