Language Tag Modification 1694acad; was NEW-MODIFY LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 27 20:27:21 CEST 2007

Hi, I guess it's o.k. to send this to the list:

I want to update the 1694acad comments field to include a transliteration
into Basic Latin (also--perhaps???--to fix the inconsistency as 4eme is
missing the accent grave on the e!! :

Comments: 17th century French, as catalogued in the "Dictionnaire de
  l'académie françoise" ("l'academie francoise"), 4ème (4eme) ed.
1694; frequently includes elements of Middle French, as this is a
transitional period.

I do not believe I need to include a "Reference to published description"
again
as this is just a change in the "Comments" field; but for those, see:
http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2007-May/006596.html

* * *

LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM
   1. Name of requester:  C. E. Whitehead
   2. E-mail address of requester:  cewcathar at hotmail.com
   3. Record Requested:

      Type:  variant
      Subtag: 1694acad
      Prefix: fr
      Preferred-Value:
      Deprecated:
      Suppress-Script:
      Comments: 17th century French, as catalogued in the "Dictionnaire de
  l'académie françoise" ("l'academie francoise"), 4ème (4eme) ed.
1694; frequently includes elements of Middle French, as this is a
transitional period.

   4. Intended meaning of the subtag:
   5. Reference to published description
      of the language (book or article):