Converting non-ASCII to ASCII

CE Whitehead cewcathar at
Tue Jun 26 15:55:41 CEST 2007

Hi, my message is below.  (Want to resubmit my comments with a

Addison Phillips addison at
Mon Jun 25 19:25:11 CEST 2007

>Doug Ewell wrote:
> >
> > The question of providing pure-ASCII transliterations for every string >
>in the Registry that includes a hex NCR, even something like >
>Provençal, is an operational detail, and does belong on this list >

for ltru then?

The question about my comments should go on this ietf-languages list, I

>That's not quite true: this list can discuss whether to make registration
>changes to include a pure-ASCII transliteration for items that currently
>have hex escapes, both for specific records and as a general registration
>policy. I agree with Doug that we should limit discussion of changing the
>rules inside RFC 4646: such discussions on this list are moot.

Thanks. Thus we can resubmit any/all comments fields to include
transliterations here (who does that?  Anyone?  Michael Everson?).

I will submit an update to my comments then, as I think I would like to have
the transliterations of the escape sequences in them.

Is that o.k.?

Thx all.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at