Suppress-Script for Korean?

CE Whitehead cewcathar at
Tue Jul 24 22:04:59 CEST 2007

Thanks for the info; +1 for suppress script for kore (though I'm out of my
area of expertise)
--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at

>Harald Tveit Alvestrand scripsit:
> > You tickle my curiosity....
> >
> > where is it stated, authoritatively, that "Hang" is a proper subset of
> > "Kore"?
>The 15924 listing page at
> defines "Kore" thus:
>Kore    287     Korean (alias for Hangul + Han)         coréen (alias pour
>hangûl + han)
Thanks I saw this; +1 for suppress script for kore
> > Since I've been bemoaning the lack of lists of which characters a given
> > script contains in other contexts (even while I was acknowledging that
> > making such lists is a hard and extremely painful task), any hint that
> > such lists may exist for a script tickles my curiosity.
>See .
>These properties are considered informative by Unicode.  Now what is
>a much harder problem is to say which characters are required by a
>given *language*, and while there are a variety of partial answers,
>there is nothing that approaches the authoritative.

I'm confused; do you mean, for example, whether the following--
&x0AB; &x0BB;
are the quotation marks required by say, French,
or whether the ansi character, "
can replace both???