Proposal for a new variant subtag of the french language (fr)

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 7 21:22:06 CET 2007

Re: Proposal for a new variant subtag of the french language (fr)‏
+1 also for ortograf

seems clear enough to me so long as the description says what it is!
As for Doug's objection, I have to say that I concur with Randy--
if it is used online, we register it.
--C. E. Whiteheadcewcathar at hotmail.com> From: randy_presuhn at mindspring.com> Hi -> > > From: "Doug Ewell" dewell at roadrunner.com> > I know we have not shied away from registering people's inventions > > before (Dr. Han Steenwijk admitted that the "1994" orthography for > > Resian was his invention), but I wonder how far we want to go down this > > path. The ietf-languages group may not wish to be known as the place > > where people go to get their own inventions registered, similar to > > Omniglot or LangMaker for constructed scripts.> ...> > Doesn't matter. The question is simply whether the registration request> meets the requirements established by RFC 4646. > > Randy>