[Ltru] Re: Archival of registration forms

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Tue Apr 24 17:07:12 CEST 2007

Addison Phillips <addison at yahoo dash inc dot com> wrote:

>> I agree that the final record that is sent to IANA should be cc'd to
>> ietf-languages (not LTRU).  I would not tend to agree that it should
>> be sent *before* final submission to IANA; that is what the review
>> period is for.
>
> Actually, I interpret Section 3.5 to mean that submitting a changed
> registration request opens a review period. The fact that the original
> requester did not submit the specific email isn't that important.
> What's important is that *any* registration request has a review
> period on the list. The subtag reviewer then makes an explicit
> decision regarding the request. If you're changing the form, you are
> creating a change that might provoke potential objection.

If the registration request has been changed, then I agree with you
(while noting that we have not always done this).  If there has been no
change, then I feel there should be no need to confirm the request after
the review period elapses, but before sending material to IANA.

We should definitely take this up as part of the RFC 4646bis effort.

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/