be-tarask

Jeremy Carroll jjc at hpl.hp.com
Tue Apr 24 11:43:13 CEST 2007

I find this position reasonable.

It seems to allow for the word 'classical' to appear in the
registration, but as a book title; and hence allows us to proceed
without having to adjudicate on whether that title is or is not an
appropriate one; an issue with which I suspect the majority on this list
are severely bored; and I, for one, am not qualified to comment on.

Jeremy

Yury Tarasievich wrote:
> On 24/04/07, Jaska Zedlik <sub at zedlik.com> wrote:
>> Please, let me clarify. The objection is only from non-users. I
>
> Good grief.
>
> Re-iterating:
>
> 1. I'm Belarusian native speaker, for many years now.
>
> 2. I'm also informally involved in resolving technical issues of using
> Belarusian on computers, for many years now.
>
> 3. I *support* registering subtag "-tarask".
>
> 4. I *object* to putting words "classic orthography" in the comment
> for the subtag, for the reasons provided previously (groupspeak,
> offensiveness).
>
> 4.1. I *support* putting the *title* of the referenced book, which
> contains the 'holy words', *both* in original and in translated
> version.
>
> Hope this suits everybody involved.
>
> ---

Hewlett-Packard Limited