Archival of registration forms

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Tue Apr 24 09:45:40 CEST 2007

Doug Ewell wrote:

> I've always thought we were doing the proposer a service by
> considering and registering their subtags based on incomplete
> or vague forms plus a lot of discussion.  Probably this was
> misguided.

No, IMO it depends.  At some point the result might not more
reflect what the original requester intended, and then you'd
also have to update the name in the "requester" field.  As an
example, I liked Stephane's update of my "mis" request.  But I
probably wouldn't like Mark's update for this example, Mark's
version should not be submitted to IANA with my name on it.

> suggest a better way forward for us.

If the final versions are somewhere on public record it's
good enough, the requester can then appeal any "mutilations"
(as opposed to "improvements") of her or his request.  It's
a judgement call.  A rule where you can't fix typos without
explicit confirmation of the requester would be stupid.

Frank