policy wrt politics (was RE: be-tarask language subtag registration form)

C Eddie Whitehead cewcathar at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 17:51:55 CEST 2007

Yury Tarasievich <yury.tarasievich at gmail.com> wrote: On 02/04/07, C Eddie Whitehead  wrote:
> (that might be the case if we also registered the standard orthorgraphy for
> Belarussian--right now only the Latin is registered it seems:
> one common name used to denote the standard orthography might be offensive
> to some users who think that the standard is the best way for the
> Belarussian community to go,
> while for others who are forced to read/write in the standard but do not
> favor it, that common name is not at all offensive)

I honestly tried to understand this and failed. Possibly it was meant
to be read vice versa: registering the subtag for the standard
Belarusian might be (and is) offensive for the mainstream standard
Belarusian users?.. That the non-mainstream, diverging groups want
their own tags, is understandable, and God bless them, but this?
---
Hi, Yuri sorry, no
registering the subtag for the standard form
(if we register that one too
narkamauka
might be offensive to some Belarussians
who think the standard is better for some reason.

Thanks.

--C. E. Whitehead