be-tarask language subtag registration form

C Eddie Whitehead cewcathar at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 22:36:43 CEST 2007

Hi, I'd like to hear what uses of the orthography have to say about their choice between tarask or tarashk
( tarash probably does not appeal as much ???)
because I've got one view from Frank and another from Michael on these options;
I'll take either would  prefer input from someone who speaks/writes in the orthography.

Thanks.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com

Michael Everson <everson at evertype.com> wrote: At 13:13 +0200 2007-04-01, Frank Ellermann wrote:

>   It is natural that Poles, Czechs, Slovaks, Croatians, Slovenians,
>   Germans, French, Spanish, and all other nations using a [national
>   version of] Latin script do not transliterate their words and
>   names into say English, such as according to some US Congress
>   Library System, but write them as they are, with all the
>   diacritics or without.

This is transliteration from Cyrillic, not dropping of diacritics from Latin.

Thanks for the information.!

--CEW