policy wrt politics (was RE: be-tarask language subtag registration form)

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Sun Apr 1 22:05:38 CEST 2007

We must wait two weeks - that's procedure established in the RFC that created this process in the first place. I have long contended that at the end of two weeks some action must always be taken: approve the request, deny the request or extend discussion for a new two-week period. IMO, extending to a new two-week period should only happen when clear and obtainable progress toward a decision can be achieved. I do not think extensions just so we can carry on discussions is a good idea. If there is specific information that is needed before a decision can be made, then at the end of two weeks the request should, IMO, be denied with an explanation of what is needed.

> So I would not vote for waiting to hear from others for more than two weeks.

I think we agree on that point.

Peter