[private] I hope you read this

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Tue Sep 26 15:22:55 CEST 2006

I have told you, Mr Morfin, not to write to me publicly or privately.
You have done nothing but endeavour to harm this work, and I will not
respect private messages like the appalling one you have written to
me here. Every message you write to me will be sent at once to the
IETF discussion list, as this one is being.

I have my enemies. I suppose it shows that I am doing something
right. There may be people in IETF or elsewhere who want to sack me
from my job as language subtag reviewer. They have not said so to me.
They may do so if they wish. This is not a hereditary monarchy. I
serve at the pleasure of my colleagues.

I will not allow you to poison the good relationship I have with many
people involved in this work who *do* respect the work I do. I have
the unique distinction of being unattached to the corporate side of
things. A lot of people think that is useful. I suppose it galls some
of the corporate folk. But we do the best we can.

Not a word of what you say below about ISO 639, ISO 15924, ISO 3166,
ISO 15897(!), CLDR, ISO/IEC 10646, or Unicode, IETF, GAC, or ICANN
shows that you have **ANY** idea about the real and positive working
relationships people involved with these groups actually have and try
to foster and maintain, even in the face of profound philosophical
difference.

Please. Begone. You are a time-waster. Let us do our work in peace.
Because I have never seen you offer anything to this effort that
wasn't an attempt, whether veiled or unveiled, to fuck it up.
Including the attempt here, to sow seeds of distrust. I will not
water them.

Michael Everson
RFC 4646 Language Subtag Reviewer until this community says otherwise