LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM: Eastern Armenian (arevela)

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Thu Sep 7 05:44:56 CEST 2006

I support both, with one exception: the comment lines

Comments: Prefix 'hy': Eastern Armenian (as distinct from Western
Armenian).

and

Comments: Prefix 'hy': Western Armenian (as distinct from Eastern
Armenian).

were introduced by Mark to accommodate documenting what "eastern" and
"western" mean in the context of a given prefix, allowing for multiple
primary-language-subtag prefixes. Those comments seem superfluous in the
context of non-generic subtags that will only ever get used with one
particular primary-language-subtag prefix.

Peter Constable