LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM: Eastern Armenian

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Fri Sep 1 20:28:44 CEST 2006

I am fully aware of the "pointless" duplication and the prefix but it does
do away with the "undesirable" generic tag.

Call it hy-qwertya (and hy-qwertyb) if you like but don't call it something
generic that could be used with another prefix.

I have to say from a coding point of view I like your thinking - quite
ingenious; but, I fear, linguistically unsound.  I just have a hint of
certain problems on the horizon if such generic tags are made available. It
would be too open to misuse IMHO.

Best regards

Debbie