LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION - GB

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 31 18:15:19 CEST 2006

In case there is any confusion about what the proposed change is:

It is a request to add a "Comments" field to the existing region subtag
record for GB.  No other addition or change is proposed here.

The existing record looks like this:

Type: region
Subtag: GB
Added: 2005-10-16

The record would be changed to look like this:

Type: region
Subtag: GB
Comments: see also GG, IM, JE
Added: 2005-10-16

Note that the Added date is not changed (as of course it cannot be).

I should also state that, although I ghost-wrote the proposal for Debbie
to help with the mechanics, I'm fairly neutral on whether it should be
approved or not.  To me the annotation is completely harmless, but
probably not essential in order to use the registry.  We should keep in
mind that the registry is not a general-purpose reference to countries
and their dependencies; although this one request does not go nearly
that far, we need to be careful not to let such annotations get out of
hand.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California, USA