Fixing the lost el-Latn

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Mar 27 20:49:05 CEST 2006

Addison Phillips scripsit:

> ?? This statement makes no sense to me. Clearly anyone can create an
> application that supports RFC 3066bis. Clearly the process for RFC 3066bis
> is also in place, as is the registry. If what you mean is "no one can
> reference RFC 3066bis in a non-transient way (until the number is
> assigned)", I agree. But anyone can get the text of
> draft-ietf-ltru-registry-14, implement, and support it *now*.

Quite so.  What I meant was that nobody can as yet use RFC 3066bis tags
while being conformant to a standard such as XML 1.0, which specifies
RFC 3066 and will soon specify BCP 47.

--
John Cowan  cowan at ccil.org  www.ap.org  www.ccil.org/~cowan
"The exception proves the rule."  Dimbulbs think: "Your counterexample proves