Guernsey Jersey and Isle of Man ISO 3166-1 Codes

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Sat Mar 25 19:40:25 CET 2006

Frank Ellermann <nobody at xyzzy dot claranet dot de> wrote:

> Maybe his appointed listmom could subscribe the 3166 newsletter
> to this list, then we'd all see it.  Debbie's liaison idea is
> also fine, but apparently that procedure is only IETF WGs (or
> better), not for a simple IANA expert review list (?)

When I put the seven language subtags on my Web page, I included a link
to Håvard's announcement to this list.  I stripped those out of the
messages I sent to Michael because I didn't want him to forward them to
IANA where they might somehow find their way into the registry.

If you like, I can forward a link to the ISO 3166/MA announcement next
week about the 3 new country codes.  This will avoid clogging the list,
and give the curious an easy way to view the newsletter.  Or, if list
members prefer, Harald can subscribe the list to the 3166 newsletter as
you suggest.

I assume Michael will keep us posted on ISO 15924 changes, although I've
got WatchThatPage on that too.  I know he wrote last October (L2/05-336)
that "Future additions will be needed" to 15924.

The UNSD "standard" is the worst about this, at least as far as the
macrogeographical codes are concerned.  There is no newsletter, nor
announcements of any kind; they simply make changes to the posted code
list.  We have little choice but to rely on WTP for this.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California, USA