Process Enhancement

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 23 22:30:08 CET 2006

Frank Ellermann <nobody at xyzzy dot claranet dot de> wrote:

> As you said in another message, it's probably overkill here.
> One day with two (sligtly different) "fy" is no real problem.

I saw it as a problem.  The registry hosted by IANA is the official
repository for information about subtags.  I don't pretend that billions
of people will access it every day, but if someone downloaded a new copy
based on WatchThatPage (q.v. later) telling them it had been updated,
they would have had a broken copy.

Let's just be positive and say, I'm glad they fixed it within a day.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California, USA