[Ltru] Re: Pointers from registry to documentation

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Jun 29 03:25:53 CEST 2006

Addison Phillips scripsit:

> However, my sense is that file-level comments will not be added during
> an RFC 3066ter effort, in an effort to do as little as possible to
> the file format. It might be possible to ease the restriction on the
> File-Date so that it can contain Comments fields. Most record-jar
> processors are already capable of handling multiple field records
> anyway...

My objection to file-level comments is that it's not clear what
record they are in, and since we maintain the file record by record,
they would need a unique mechanism for change control.

This objection wouldn't apply to Comment: entries in the File-Date
record, though, and I'd be in favor of that.

--
They tried to pierce your heart                 John Cowan
with a Morgul-knife that remains in the         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan