[Ltru] Re: Pointers from registry to documentation

Addison Phillips addison at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Jun 28 19:07:04 CEST 2006

> Around August, someone apparently
> proposed adding a
> file-level comment,

That would be me.

Lack of comments in the file is not fatal. For example, the IANA "numbers" page does point to the RFC. Presumably anyone reading the registry will be doing so for a reason. But I agree that in-file comments would be useful, especially as pointers to BCP 47.

However, my sense is that file-level comments will not be added during an RFC 3066ter effort, in an effort to do as little as possible to the file format. It might be possible to ease the restriction on the File-Date so that it can contain Comments fields. Most record-jar processors are already capable of handling multiple field records anyway...

Addison

Addison Phillips
Internationalization Architect - Yahoo! Inc.

It is not a feature.