ISO 639 - New item approved - N'Ko

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Fri Jun 9 08:59:02 CEST 2006

Mark Crispin <mrc at CAC dot Washington dot EDU> wrote:

> To be truly useful, any multi-national/multi-lingual registry of names
> will have the following fields:

I would agree with Mark's rather ambitious vision IF that was the kind
of registry we were maintaining.  But the Language Subtag Registry is a
registry of codes, not names.  The names are just informative.

If I were looking for the names in Chinese or Russian, I'd probably go
to CLDR.  (I don't know if they have them yet in N’Ko or Gwich´in.)

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California, USA