ISO 639 - New item approved - N'Ko

Addison Phillips addison at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Jun 8 17:19:35 CEST 2006

We are in violent agreement on what the *policy* should be, but it represents "revisionist history" to say that non-English representations weren't the point. Non-English descriptions were precisely the point at the time. Their inclusion is potentially confusing or disruptive, so I wouldn't support such registrations.

Hence the stress in this sentence:

> The RFC allows nearly any language to be registered
> and it doesn't delineate what is or is not appropriate to
> *consider* for registration.

Addison

Addison Phillips
Internationalization Architect - Yahoo! Inc.

It is not a feature.