Is there a subtag for 'plain English' or 'simplified English'

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Tue Dec 19 18:24:31 CET 2006

This discussion needs to be put in the context of some specific application. In a specific application, random style distinctions are not likely to be needed. If someone needs to annotate content with detailed characterizations of usage, then a language tag is not the right mechanism.

But I didn't get the impression that was what was being requested.

Peter Constable