Request for variant subtag fr 16th-c 17th-c

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 15 20:41:14 CET 2006

>I draw your attention to the existence of school editions of Shakespeare
>with the left-hand pages in the original EModE (with modernized
>orthography, not First Folio orthography) and the right-hand pages in
>20th-century English.  There are a *lot* of people who can't read EModE.

Moreso with 16th century English, such as Milton's, especially when you add
to the differences the convoluted syntax of the poetry.

I do not know if this is a can of worms; languages other than French and
English will want their due in this area too; but I think it is o.k. to have
more variants if it is appropriate, for me just so long as the subtags are
something easy to remember.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com