Request for variant subtag fr 16th-c 17th-c

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Dec 15 05:58:42 CET 2006

Michael Everson scripsit:

> Never seen one.

Romeo and Juliet, Act One, Scene One, A Public Place:

[Enter SAMPSON and GREGORY armed with swords and bucklers [small shields])

SAMPSON (servant of Capulet)
Gregory, I will not haul around the ashes my nose is rubbed in.

GREGORY (servant of Capulet)
No, then we'd really be up to our ashes ... collars in it.

SAMPSON
And if our choler's up, we'll draw our swords.

GREGORY
And when you die, you'll have a rope for a collar.

SAMPSON
I rise quickly when aroused.

GREGORY
But who would be quick to arouse you?

SAMPSON
A dog from the house of Montague aroused me.

GREGORY
To arouse is to move, but to be valiant is to stand firm.  That's
why, if you are aroused, you just shrink away.

(Convinced yet?)

BALIN FUNDINUL          UZBAD KHAZADDUMU        cowan at ccil.org
BALIN SON OF FUNDIN     LORD OF KHAZAD-DUM      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan