Request for variant subtag: western

Mark Davis mark.davis at icu-project.org
Wed Aug 30 02:58:58 CEST 2006

I like the first comment: I think that whenever we have prefixes, it would
be useful to have a comment in the format like what you have, for each
prefix.

  Comments: Prefix 'hy': Western Armenian, as distinct from
   the Eastern dialect.

At first, I didn't know about the second comment. It is covered in the spec,
so I'm not sure it is necessary to repeat the caution for each prefix.
However, given that many people on this list didn't realize that prefixes
limited the scope of variants, maybe we should just do that for each case of
a prefix.

Mark