Scottish English

John.Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Thu Oct 20 05:10:46 CEST 2005

Karen_Broome at spe.sony.com scripsit:

> I have a film here that has an original language of heavily accented
> Scottish English. The actors from the original version dubbed a second
> version of the film with less of a Scottish accent (en-GB). If I want to
> distinguish the two versions by language and codify the difference between
> Scottish English and English English, how can I do this in an
> RFC-3066-compatible way?

If, as I suspect, the original film is in Scots, then sco is an appropriate
tag.  Standard English with a Scottish accent would be registerable as
en-gb-scottish, or you could just tag it en in this case.

--
[W]hen I wrote it I was more than a little              John Cowan
febrile with foodpoisoning from an antique carrot       jcowan at reutershealth.com